A Message from the ALPOA Board of Directors
The ALPOA Board urges all Ashford Lake residents to follow CDC guidelines regarding masking, social distancing and hygiene in order to support the health and welfare of our community.
Please stay informed by keeping abreast of all federal, state and local information sources.
Board business will continue to be conducted via Zoom meetings, email and messaging for the foreseeable future. To request the link to a monthly Board meeting, provide your email address via this site or to any Board member. Meeting dates are posted here, on the community bulletin boards and on the ALPOA Community Facebook page.
Interested in the latest news?
Please see the link below from the Connecticut Boaters’ Guide for important information on protecting our lake from invasive aquatic plants and animals. Please visit the Ashford Lake Environment section on the Property owners menu as well.
Interested in serving on the Ashford Lake
Property Owner’s Association Board?
Contact any Board Member for more information.
Wild Bird Mortality FAQ: http://www.cfwwildbirdmortalityreporting.ct.gov/
& Safety Notice
While our community is generally quiet, peaceful and safe, we are occasionally affected by criminal acts. Residents are reminded to remain vigilant and to report vandalism, trespassing or any activity that appears suspicious to:
Connecticut State Police, Troop C
Contact a Board Member for the Zoom invitation
Please see the FEMA Newsletter in the Community Watch & Safety section
- Thank you to all the property owners who voluntarily cleared leaves and debris from the roads and drainage swales this fall!
- Please keep your mailbox cleared and accessible for the mail carrier after snow storms.
- Getting out onto the ice for skating and fishing is hard to resist, but the freezing and thawing weather pattern that we have been experiencing in recent years makes ice safety a major concern. Please go to the Property Owners menu and review the Ice Safety Information in the Community Watch & Safety section.
- Ice Fishing on Ashford Lake is regulated by the Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection. Anyone planning to ice fish on Ashford Lake should be familiar with the DEEP rules and regulations that govern the activity. Please go to Property Owners menu and find ice fishing regulations in the Ashford Lake Environment section.
- Recreational vehicles, snowmobiles and ATV’s are prohibited from use on the frozen surface of Ashford Lake. Please go to the Property Owners menu and find the full Recreational Vehicle Resolution / Policy in the Community Watch & Safety section.
- According to CT DEEP Boating Regulations, a PFD must be worn by anyone in a manually propelled vessel (i.e., canoe or kayak) from October 1 through May 31.
- Stay warm, stay safe and have a Wonderful Winter at the lake!